Saturday, May 31, 2014

Thank You! Bloggers Quilt Festival Results

Many thanks to everyone that clicked through and voted for my two entries in Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival.  Thank you, thank you!

Although neither quilt won in its particular category -- Redbird and Berries tied for 11th place out of 25 quilts in the Viewers Choice category. 

Best of all - Redbird and Berries was one of three quilts tied for first place in the Original Design category !! 

Shucks -- we missed it by a vote!!  
Seriously though -- it made a fantastic showing and I do appreciate all of your votes and sweet comments.   The tie was broken by looking at the click through URL counts and Anne's "Matrix" quilt won that by a long shot!  Congratulations to Anne. 

Needless to say -- I think ya'll know I'm really proud of Redbird and Berries and now you also know why I was motivated and inspired to create it.  If you missed that background you can read it here.

Thanks again for your support and encouragement.

Spring Basket fared pretty well too -- placing 16th out of 50 some entries in the Mini Quilt Category.
I'm off to spend the day with the New Quilters on the Block Guild in Candor, NY today.

They are excited to learn wool applique and will be making Spring Basket!!  It should be a fun time and I'm honored to be working with these lovely ladies.

Have a blessed weekend everyone.  I hope to be doing some quilting on Sunday and can't wait to share it with you.

Take care,

Karen

4 comments:

  1. well done with your pieces, you did very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I love Redbird and Berries and made sure I had everything I need to make it this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Karen - your designs are so unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete