Thursday, August 14, 2014

Do you love to attend Quilt Shows ?

I sure do! 

If you're traveling to or live in or around the Finger Lakes Region of New York -- be sure to carve out a couple of hours this weekend to visit the "Quilts, Vines & Finger Lakes Wines QUILT SHOW" being presented by O'Susannah's Quilts & Gifts.
O'Susannah's is a lovely quilt shop located in Watkins Glen, NY, at the base of Seneca Lake (the largest of the Finger Lakes). 

O'Susannah's is not only an award winning, full service quilt shop, it is also home to the most fantastic retreat location in this area, "The Upstairs Inn".  

Wonderfully decorated, large enough to sleep 8 quilters, and setup with all the right features for the perfect quilt retreat, the Upstairs Inn is a great place to escape (especially in the fall when the local grapes are being harvested - ohh the aroma)...  

The image below is the living room at the Upstairs Inn - Isn't it beautiful ?   You can see and read more about "The Upstairs Inn" by clicking here. 

But back to the quilt show -- I entered and attended the 2013 show and there were some beautiful quilts to see -- I added about 30 images to this album on Facebook -- just click the link to see them -- you don't need a Facebook account.  

Here are a few of my favorites:

A Sharon Stroud design -- I'm sorry I didn't capture the quilters name -- all needle turn applique and hand quilted.  SO pretty!
Look at the corner of this mini quilt -- I think the entire mini was less than 12 inches square -- so beautiful!!   Hand applique and hand quilted -- WOW!
 ... and here is another mini -- do you see the pencil in the lower right ?  I put there there so you could get a feel for the size of this quilt.  Teeny Tiny.... Look at the size of those little birds!  Now this is one talented quilter !!
To see more of the quilts from the 2013 show -- click here to view the Facebook Album.  No need to have a Facebook account - you should be able to view the album without one.

Below are the quilts that I decided to enter into this years show...  I dropped them off today.

Wooly Wren --Pattern coming soon!
 Spring Basket -- Pattern available on my Craftsy Store -- click here.
Redbird and Berries in Wool -- cotton version of the pattern is available from the Moda Bake Shop.

The template for the wool version (slightly smaller) is available on my sidebar.
Last but not least...

Redbird Christmas Pillow - pattern available on the Moda Bake Shop  and the Applique Template is available on my sidebar.
This show is just for fun!  No judging going on -- but you should see the talent on display!

Well -- the weekend is nearly upon us -- Our nephew is getting married on Saturday so you'll find me at the Quilt Show sometime on Sunday.  You can get directions and hours by clicking here.

Do you enjoy going to Quilt Shows ?

Happy weekend everyone!
Karen

7 comments:

  1. looks like wonderful show! I love the Wooley Wren piece, the 3D flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to pop in if I could!! - it looks like a great place to visit. Nice to see the minis etc from last year and also your new design - very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely quilts you showed, Karen. Yes, I love to go to Quilt Shows. They always have beauties - quilters are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love quilt shows. I spent four days at the AQS show in Charlotte recently, more about that on my blog. I had a quilt entered and that was fun!
    Carole @ From My Carolina Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! I love quilt shows! Last year, after wanting to go for years, I finally went to the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I'm so glad I went because now we have moved to Oregon and it's too far to go. However, this year one of my quilts will hang in the Houston show in an exhibit for winners from Texas quilt Guilds. I was thrilled that my civil war quilt will be included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok - sit down for this - I have never been to a real quilt show. Sad isn't it! But that is about to change. I will be going to the AQS show in Chattanooga in September. I am so excited and have signed up for alot of lectures and classes. have fun at the wedding and Quilt show. Your entries are truly beautiful!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wooly wren!

    ReplyDelete