Saturday, April 11, 2015

Half Square Triangle Love Winner!

Oh goodness -- how did I let the week get by without announcing the winner of the Heart's Content Charm Pack donated by Cindy at Sew It Is Quilt Shop ?

50 Lashes with a wet Jelly Roll Strip!   
I do apologize and hope you forgive me.

It was a ton of fun to hear which Half Square Triangle layout was your favorite.   I'll put my vote in for the Focus Layout being mine - well, besides the original Chevron with a Twist layout of course.   I just love the way Focus sends your eye to the applique, and because I love applique this layout is perfect! 

I would really enjoy hiding away with a Moda Charm pack and preparing this layout.  Wouldn't that mini be sweet?   Does anyone else want to miniaturize this ? or am I the only crazy person out here ?  It's now on my official wish list of Quilts to Make!!

If you decide to make 'Focus' or any of the other layouts, be sure to reference the original recipe for whipping up Chevron with a twist - it's so fast and easy.  You can find the recipe here ==> Chevron with a Twist on the Moda Bake Shop.  I would also LOVE to see an picture of it.  Please do send it along via email.  Thank you!

*
If you're interested in seeing larger images of the other layout options use this link ==>  For the Love of Half Square Triangles on the Moda Bake Shop.
Thanks again for playing... and many thanks to Cindy at Sew It Is Quilt Shop for sponsoring the giveaway.   Cindy has some fantastic prices in her online shop and is one of the sweetest shop owners alive !!  Notice I said "one of" - I'm really blessed to know some great shop owners (near and far!).  Lucky Me!!

OK - lets announce a winner of the beautiful Charm Pack of Laundry Basket Quilts Heart's Content Fabric...  It's the same fabric I used in the original Chevron with A Twist. 

There were a total of 74 participants in the Giveaway.  I used Mr. Random.ORG and he chose Comment #40!!
Woohoo - lucky number 40 is Miss Jean! 
Congratulations Miss Jean -- I've sent you an email!!!   You'll just LOVE this fabric. 

Well - I'd better turn in... We're celebrating my Aunt's 100th Birthday on Saturday so we have a bit of traveling to get in.   

I'll check back with everyone real soon - have a blessed weekend.

Karen

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a fabulous win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sure to have fun with that charm pack, Jean. Congrats! Hmm, all those layout would make a wonderful series of quilts with blocks from a WIP. Thanks for the idea, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Karen!!! I really appreciate quilters. They are all so kind and supportive of each other. Just read the comments that were left for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "50 lashes with a Jelly Roll Strip" busted me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratultions Miss Jean! hehe 50 lashes with a wet Jellyroll strip!! Have a fabulous time at your Aunt's birthday - wow, what an event to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, you are a funny gal! Congrats to the winner. I am drooling over the new Moda line now too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    I greatly enjoyed your workshop yesterday. All you quilters out there - if you get the opportunity, take a workshop from Karen.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete